Sea Life Sunshine Coast is home to thousands of marine and freshwater animals – including sharks, seals, turtles, stingrays, tropical fish and more. It’s located at The Wharf in Mooloolaba, just metres from the main Esplanade
Explore 11 fun and interactive animal zones. Across three levels, there is a the tidal touch pool, seahorse sanctuary, jellyfish kingdom and one-of-a-kind Ocean Tunnel where you can see the majestic Grey Nurse sharks and other marine creatures.
Throughout the day there are different fun talks and animal feeds, including the family favourite seal show. There’s plenty for everyone to enjoy at Sea Life Sunshine Coast.
Sea Life Sunshine Coast also offers intimate, hands-on seal experiences like no other. There are three encounters to choose from.
- Seal Swim: You have the opportunity to make a splash and go swimming with the seals while experiencing their behaviours during the Seal Swim.
- Seal Encounter: If you’d prefer to keep dry, you can also meet the lovable resident seals by booking a Seal Encounter – the experience includes entry into Sea Life and photo opportunities.
- Seal Trainer for a Day: Feel like getting to know the beautiful seals even more? Here is your chance with our Seal Trainer for a Day experience, where you can truly come face to flipper with the seals.
Sea Life Sunshine Coast at a glance
- Multi-award winning, all-weather visitor attraction
- Winner of the 2017 ‘Best Attraction in the Region’ at the Sunshine Coast Business Awards
- One of the Sunshine Coast’s leading family and tourist attractions
- 11 different species of shark
- An 80m long Ocean Tunnelwhere you can walk ‘under the ocean’ and view sharks, rays, reef fish, sawfish and other marine life
- The daily seal presentation is full of surprises and maximum seal-iness
- One of Australia’s largest collections of jellyfish in the Jellyfish Kingdom
- ‘Behind the Scenes’ tours means you can discover what happens after hours
- Tour the turtle hospital and learn about Sea Life Sunshine Coast’s rescue rehabilitation program for injured turtles
Open daily from 9am to 3pm, with last admission at 2pm. There are longer opening hours during Queensland school holidays from 9am to 5pm, with the last admission at 4pm.
FIND OUT MORE